Prices vary depending on what time you would like to skate, if the session is off peak or peak. There are also discounts available for concessions, families and groups. Click here to see prices for different sessions.
Click here to purchase your tickets for the Ice Rink online. You can also buy tickets on the day at the rink if there are tickets available for the session, as well as tickets for future sessions.
Yes you can buy tickets on the day as well as pre-booking them online, to avoid disappointment we recommend pre-booking online. Click here to book online.
Sessions are 50 minutes long and start either on the hour or just past depending on when the ice needs maintenance. We advise arriving approx half an hour in advance to ensure you have enough time to prepare for your session.
Click here to view the skating session’s timetable.
Please note children under the age of 3 are not permitted on the ice, children 3 years and over but under 7 years old must be accompanied on the ice by a parent or guardian in the interests of safety.
Children 7 years and over but under 10 years old may skate without a parent or guardian on the ice but must be supervised from the public viewing area.
No there are no height restrictions but there are age restrictions see question above.
No we have skates to fit everyone, for those children who don’t fit into our smallest skates, we have bobskates which can be fitted over shoes and have two blades on each foot providing more stability.
Please arrive on time to ensure you have the full session time. Skaters will not be allowed extended time on the ice once the session has finished so it is important to arrive early!
Yes, although please bear in mind the price will be the same and you will only get half a session to skate. You are also more than welcome to wait for the next session.
Yes we allow manual wheelchairs on the ice- you must have someone on the ice with you at all times and we will provide studded overshoes for them. The carer or appointed person can come on the ice for free; just buy your ticket in the normal way. I’m sorry we cannot accommodate powered wheelchairs on the ice. For any other accessibility/ disability requirements please get in touch.
There is an option to have studded overshoes instead of skates for customers who would like to go on the ice.
Yes – there is a cloakroom available which will be charged at £1 per item.
The ice rinks will be open in nearly all weather conditions. This is an outdoor event and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather. In the unlikely event that the Ice Rink Manager deems it necessary to close the ice rink for safety reasons, alternative sessions will be offered for skating (subject to availability).
Surface water on the ice rink will not affect skating, although you may get wet if you fall over! (Please dress appropriately).
If the ice rink has to close, this will be announced on our website and on our social media channels if we are intending to close the ice rink and anyone who booked a ticket online will receive an email. To avoid disappointment, we try to keep the ice rink open and make the decision to close as late as possible. If you are travelling some distance, it’s a good idea to call ahead if the weather looks bad. The Ice Rink number is 01332 255800.
Dos and Don'ts Have fun, be safe
- Do make sure skates are correctly fastened.
- Do make sure skates are comfortable and offer good support.
- Do wear thick cotton socks.
- Do wear gloves.
- Do skate in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Do obey instructions given by the Ice Marshals.
- Do skate at moderate speeds.
- Don’t sit on or climb over the safety barrier.
- Don’t chip, throw or spray ice.
- Don’t skate at excessive speed.
- Don’t eat, drink or smoke on the ice.
- Don’t drop litter on the ice.
- Don’t carry children on the ice.
- Don’t skate in chains of more than three people.
Important Customer Notice: As the use of an ice skating rink and its facilities have an inherent risk, any participation is totally at the user’s own risk. No responsibility is accepted or undertaken for the wellbeing of either the user or their property.
Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to the ice rink and/or the venue and shall be entitled to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all visitors.
- The Promoter shall be entitled to request visitors to leave the venue at any time. The Promoter shall be entitled to remove anyone from the venue who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not permitted within the ice rink or changing facilities.
- All tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Tickets cannot be resold, exchanged, refunded or transferred. To do so or to alter or deface any ticket will render it void. It is the patron’s responsibility to check his or her tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any tickets which are lost or stolen.
- The ticket holder has a right only to a session of the value corresponding to that stated on the ticket.
- Each session is normally 50 minutes long. Ticket holders will not be permitted to continue skating once their allocated session is over.
- The Promoter reserves the right to close the ice rink if necessary and the Promoters decision is final.
- In the event any session is cancelled or curtailed, refunds will only be given if such cancellation or curtailment occurs after less than 30 minutes of skating time has taken place and there is no availability for any remaining valid alternative sessions.
- Participating in Ice skating carries an inherent risk, any participation is totally at the users own risk. Anyone with any medical conditions, serious previous injuries, recently broken bones, knee or joint problems, head injuries, pregnancy, mobility problems, or taking prescribed drugs should carefully consider whether it is safe for them to participant without endangering themselves or other participants whilst skating. The Promoter shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage however caused.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any personal property left at the rink or in the lockers.
- Please note children under the age of three are not permitted on the ice, children 3 years and over but under 7 years old must be accompanied on the ice by a parent or guardian in the interests of safety. Children 7 years and over but under 10 years old may skate without a parent or guardian on the ice but must be supervised from the public viewing area.
- In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by any ticket agency, these terms and conditions shall prevail.